Jarrett Laughlin is a Senior Research Analyst at the Canadian Council on Learning. He is responsible for identifying innovative and holistic approaches to researching and reporting on Aboriginal learning, as well as managing the implementation and dissemination of the Composite Learning Index that provides an annual measure of performance in lifelong learning for communities across Canada.
Jarrett has extensive experience working with Aboriginal organizations and communities as well as facilitating workshops for decision-makers. He is passionate about, and adept in, translating research into action through socially innovative, community-based projects that are rooted in an Aboriginal perspective on learning and support the overall well-being of First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities.
Jarrett holds a Master’s degree in geography and spatial statistics from the University of South Carolina. He comes from a family of educators and has been formally working in the field for over 14 years. In recent years, Jarrett worked for the Ontario Ministry of Education and for the Assembly of First Nations Education Secretariat.
When he is not working, you can find Jarrett at home in Ottawa enjoying the outdoors with his family and three young children.
Some of the tools and reports Jarrett has recently produced:
- Holistic Lifelong Learning Models; https://www.eboulearning.com/bkp-for-teachers/canadian-council-on-learning/
- Composite Learning Index; http://www.cli-ica.ca/en/explore/motion-charts-cities.aspx
- Learning and the Economy – Motion Charts
- Composite Learning Index (2010); https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11159-013-9374-0
- State of Aboriginal Learning in Canada (2009); https://www.eboulearning.com/ccl/StateAboriginalLearning/SAL-FINALReport_EN.PDF
- Redefining How Success is Measured in First Nations, Inuit and Métis Learning (2007); https://www.eboulearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/5._2007_redefining_how_success_is_measured_en.pdf
- State of Learning in Canada: Chapter on Aboriginal Learning (2007)